- The most sustainable and cost-efficient supply chain possible
- A reduction in your carbon footprint
- Green alternatives to road transport
Sustainability is one of the important spearheads of Nedcargo’s strategy; not only because customers are more focused on sustainability, but also because we are pleased to take responsibility for this. That is why we are striving to create the most sustainable and cost-efficient supply chain possible for our customers on the basis of the most recent supply chain knowledge. In this way we are helping to reduce our customers’ carbon footprint. Examples of the ways in which we do this are:
- reducing the number of miles used for road transport:
- multi-client warehouses, which serve several customers that supply the same clients. This makes combined transport possible.
- deployment of and better loading of road trains (extra-long, extra-heavy trucks).
- fewer stops during every milk run.
- The use of dual-fuel trucks and alternative fuels.
- Multimodal transport: as an alternative to container transport by road, Nedcargo offers more environmentally friendly transport such as inland shipping and inland terminals.
- When we expand our warehouses, fleet and materials we make use of innovative and sustainable technologies.